2.07.2006

Home Again, Naturally


(These are some girls working in a sari store who were shy about having their photo taken.)

Just as I arrived, I left India under cover of darkness. Our flight left at 2:15 a.m. Friday morning...so we had to stay up - sober - all of Thursday night. (We left the hotel around 11 p.m. and had a lovely outside barbecue first, though. some of the most delicious grilled meat ever + a bunch of weird indian appetizers that were, honestly, pretty grody.)

And then it was 2.5 hours in the airport (where like 20 different people look at your paperwork - none of them inspiring any sort of confidence or giving any indication that they know what they're doing, and some of them just 10 feet from the last guy who checked your paperwork).

Oh, and once we got to Frankfurt, it was another hour in the airport (we ate pretzels and stared at all the weirdo Germans - they are such a strange people). And once on the plane, we then spent an hour on the runway waiting for extra passengers and for them to FIX A FUEL LEAK ON THE LEFT WING. It was nutty. Nothing like hearing bad news from someone with a thick German accent. That does not inspire confidenceā€¦I kept waiting for him to ask us to deplane and wait in a nice, hot shower...

Anyhoo, it feels fabulous to be home. To sleep in my own bed. To cuddle with my fat pug. To eat oatmeal for breakfast and make dinner with J. I am a happy girl. It was worth going just to appreciate what I have at home!

Tell Me About It:
glad to hear you're home safe and sound! so jealous you got to have such a multicultural, if not a bit "out of body", experience.

ps: i broke my cleanse at 2pm on the first day. i like being fat and unhealthy.
 
Hey Lis! Wow.. you made it to my homeland... pretty incredible huh? I was blown away when I went in 96... totally cool, totally humbling all at the same time. Jill and I are expecting the first of the Mini-Ghoshs' in October! Yay! How's everything up there going? write back so we can keep in touch!!!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?