3.31.2005

The Parental Advisory So Fits My Life



There is nothing like signing tax paperwork with your once and future EH to make a Thursday night really sing.

Seriously, I need to be kept away from children.

Though I will be babysitting - solo - for about an hour on Saturday morning. And afterward I'm going to Phoenix Gay Pride with Just Joe to support the local gay community. ...eh, actually, I'm going to ogle guys in Daisy Dukes and women with mullets. I'm not that deep, really. I'm there to gawk at big gay junk in rainbow speedos. Here's hoping.

In other news...I rambled on and on about myself to the EH. He is an excellent listener. I realized - among other things - that I am in a growth cycle. Some of it was forced upon me by my inimitable roommate - it's hard not be introspective when someone is misunderstanding/misinterpreting your actions on a semi-regular basis. I've been confronted with versions of myself that I have never been presented with before. Some of it is truth, some is fiction, but a vast majority of it is new to me b/c none of my friends prior have observed me so intimately or with so much expectation. It's a strange scenario. He's a handful. I'm thrilled to have the emotional closeness but I need my space, too.

Oh, poopie, now I'm rambling and cryptic and dull. I don't want to be dull! I want to be mysterious and fabulous, but girls in my shoes don't turn out that way unless they get up from their desks and hop a plane to Paris or Marrakesh. And I'm just not that boho.

However, my dream date is 35, tall, dark and funny. He'll be challenged by balancing his responsibilities with his aptitude for carousing and his love for live music - Good Live Music (re: bands I like, or could like). I want a guy who keeps his house clean and his mind dirty. And when we meet, he's going to greet me with a martini in one hand and a plane ticket in the other. Someplace domestic. For the weekend. I can't take that much time off work.

Dreamer. I'm a dreamer. A born romantic, too, no?

Oui.


Tell Me About It: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?