2.06.2005

Now Playing...


So this week has been a frenzy of activity - stress - nuttiness - a little bit o'booze. Had that second job interview on Friday. I feel like it went really well but I won't know until tomorrow (Monday) if the guy I talked to thought it went well and is going to put me through to the vice president. I am pratically crumbling psychically from the anticipation. And it has driven me to do weird things...like, I'm getting forgetful. Apparently one of the most insidious and instantaneous side-effects of stress is loss of short-term memory, and I am living proof that it's more than theory, it's fact. I went to buy Parliament Lights yesterday - with Just Joe and the Puppy waiting in my car - and the Pup asked for a Yoo-Hoo. I came back with a Yoo-Hoo, two boxes of candy hearts, a bottle of 7-Up...and no Parliament Lights.

Sigh.

Oh, and I had sex with the EH last night - sheerly out of necessity. I am developing (or was developing) a real phobia about nookie and getting naked (and the other stuff that reasonably follows) and finally it just came down to primal need. But YUCK, do I feel icky about it. It was empty, strange, strained... Technically it was delightful, but every time I opened my eyes, there was the EH. Ack! Next time, I'd be better off with a complete stranger, instead of someone I've been running from for the past 14 months. OMG!

Other than that my days and nights have been filled with more of the same - sofa-hopping, mild drinking, major cigarette-smoking. Dude. I need a life.



Tell Me About It: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?