1.18.2005

I've Turned Into a Bad Blogger

But I have a good excuse: my life is getting way too hectic - and I rarely have a moment alone, thanks to the Puppy. It's absurd. As NYC D expressed to me today, it's Just Not Right for two healthy, horny, hetero individuals - male and female - to be this close without doing the deed. He is concerned that the Pup is just using me to fill the girlfriend role - without giving me any of the benefits. But I'm sure I'm doing the same thing.

But there is hope: today I had lunch with the big local lifestyle magazine - the publisher, the circulation director and some huge gay guy whose role I'm not yet sure of. Anyhoo, it started out awkward, as these things do without the presence of alcohol (my GOD I miss trade shows) but we got past the business bit and started talking local ethnic restaurants and it was chummy from that point on. And I kind of thought the publisher was cute. A bit WASPy for my taste, but he fit the profile - late 30s, dark hair, good teeth, funny, and he got my sense of humor. When we left the circ girl was like "you should do an article on dive bars" (for which I would be eminently qualified). But I didn't give the publisher my card. DUH. Major, superduper duh!

So tonight I'm home alone - at least so far. Haven't heard from the Pup - he spent the night last night - we're both sleeping in my bed now, which is what makes NYC D so nuts. He left when I went to work. I hate myself for thinking that's adorable. SHITE!

And tomorrow night should be epically strange: having dinner with my dad, brother and the EH at the Japanese place down the street, then the EH and I are coming back here to fill out the divorce paperwork online.

Double shite.

Tell Me About It:
Why don't you just shag him and get it over with????
 
Eh - he's more of a skank-fucker. I don't want to waste my first post-EH hump on him. The bottom line is that the doesn't see the Magic in my Alisaness. If he did, he'd be barking up my tree. um...you didn't mean shag the EH, did you??? ha ha.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?