1.15.2005

In Search Of...

a life, a cure for hangovers and a good mechanic. STAT. Going to haul my grumbling bones to Denny's for a Moons Over My Hammy - do they still make those? - and then I'll come back and spill the juice about last night's heshtacular fiascoliciousness.

But first, I want to share this strange Logan’s Run moment from work yesterday: I saw some "news" in a business journal about P.F. Chang’s – the oddly lauded faux-Chinese emporium that's likely coming to your town – while wasting time at this girl's desk who always has a fat stack of magazines. I said, “That place is so awful” and waited for the usual gasp, followed by the hand to the heart and the "I love that place!" typically elicited by said comment. But miraculously, my coworker said, “Oh my god…I thought I was the only one.” "No," I assured her, "there are others…"

IT WAS SO THAT MOMENT IN LOGAN'S RUN WHEN LOGAN LEARNS ABOUT SANCTUARY. She looked at me with the light of hope in her eyes. We don't have to eat at Chang's, my comrade. We’ll live a life of freedom from sugary versions of General Tso's chicken...we'll form a colony on the west side of town…

Tell Me About It:
Our solution to P.F. Chang's here is Pei Wei. It's owned by the same company so they have a lot of the same menu items including the tasty lettuce wraps, but its "fast casual" so its half the price and half the wait. I think I've been to P.F. Chang's once in 3 years since they opened Pei Wei.
 
Ugh - we have Pee Wee, too. PFC and PW started here - I actually waited tables in one of Paul Fleming's earlier restaurants - a good one, surprisingly. He looked an awful lot like Bill Gates back then...odd, that. I like more authentic Chinese - something where the menu isn't, um, cutesy.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?