1.07.2005

If You Know How to Run...

Just got back from signing my refi papers - the house is mine. Ahhh. Feels extra delish. Going to start the divorce paperwork as soon as I get the check. (Apparently it's best to wait - make sure nothing can muck it up.)

Anyhoo, so last night friend L (she of the Hessian habit) stopped by to meet the dog. (His name is either Jimmy, Monkey or Nooch, depending on my mood. I don't think he's intelligent enough to know the difference.) So we talked a bit about my possible Portland deployment and her - unfaltering - lust for the Hesh. Seems his "other" band - a (wait for it) COUNTRY BAND is playing some dive bar in Tempe on Monday night. She asked if I wanted to go. Do I want to go??? Oh my yes! I do love a train wreck.

She's been spending time with her EH, too. She's still in that transition zone between the manic need to escape ("Get me the fuck outta the house") and the realization that you resent him for being so obtuse ("You're a moron.") It's good times. She heard me and the EH have a "discussion" on the phone as she tried to hide behind a magazine on my sofa. I was like, "Silly rabbit, your time will come."

And today at the office we kind of inaugurated a new Girly Tradition. Just as I was ranting about how inappropriate I am for those big Girl Groupings, I find myself one of the members of a Friday Lunch Bunch. We did spend a nice hour and a half gossiping about work and our Significant and/or Estranged Others, though, so it was kind of genius.

Another highlight from the office: we had a design meeting with the president of a really forward-thinking local firm to discuss branding. I love branding - i truly do - it fits right in with all my work-related OCDs. Anyhoo, this firm has done all kinds of big-time logos – sports teams, the zoo, etc. And the guy who came in to talk with us was pretty cute. Salt & pepper hair, blue eyes, smiled a lot, wore a funky watch (and a wedding ring). I can’t believe the jones I’ve developed for older men…I blame NYC D. he's 41 and makes me saucier than guys half his age. Meanwhile, my single girlfriends are dating 23-year-olds and I’m like, “ooh, DADDY.”

ps: Happiness Is... watching the Flaming Lips and the Shins on Austin City Limits with the Puppy...drunk on Early Times.. oh yes, we drink Early Times. It's genius.

Tell Me About It:
He has also urged students and spectators to make donations as well.. [url=http://www.mulberryhandbagssale.co.uk]Mulberry handbags[/url] For people who are interested in getting acquainted their destination country before they start work, teach and travel programs offer the ideal opportunity. [url=http://www.goosecoatsale.ca]canada goose online[/url] Nxtvoarsq
[url=http://www.pandorajewelryvip.co.uk]cheap pandora[/url] Qmgagpmuu [url=http://www.officialcanadagooseparkae.com]canada goose chilliwack[/url] xzzbajglj
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?