1.02.2005

Genius, Genius

There is a genius line from the Strangers with Candy episode "Dreams on the Rocks" where someone starts an Ala-alanon meeting with these words" "Dear God, please give me the strength to blame the people who did this to me." Genius, genius.

So today I spent some $$ at Macy's - bought a saucy skirt, some sensible black pants and a pair of silver-pinstriped cougar pants that I could not resist. They made my ass look, well, genius, and they were on superduper sale: $125 off. I could not resist.

Came home, pooped the pug, watched something on one of those random high-numbered MTV channels that was possibly the world's worst interview: some pointless dolt having a Q&A with a bloated and anachronistic Motley Crue about their impending new tour. Um, Mick Mars was quiet and corpse-like until the interviewer asked him a question...about his HIP REPLACEMENT. This dude is ooooooooooold. And broke-down. And he has - magically - recovered in only one month and no longer needs a cane. He pointed out that Paul Stanley of KISS also had a hip replacement and is still cane-bound, three months later. OY VEY.

That's pretty much it for today. Not much to report. Feeling good in the house but a bit lonely. The other night - for the first time - I slept in the middle of my bed, instead of on the side, as if someone else was going to climb in next to me later. Sad, that. But at least I'm cooking again. I subsisted on cottage cheese and soup in the apartment for six months since I could not bring myself to fire up the stove except to feed the Puppy now and then. But tonight I made myself some curry...and it's really not that good. Should not have added the chicken broth. Should have trusted in the curry. Sigh.

And though I vowed to quit smoking Parliaments on Jan. 1, I bought a fresh, stinky pack on the way home from Macy's. Had three already. And two vodka & OJs. I really need a life!

Tell Me About It: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?