11.14.2004

One More Day

It has been killling me not to blog recently, but since I am too busy at the new job to spend the QT online that I could at my previous post, I haven't been very regular about it. It has been more like a kamikaze effort - stopping by my parents' house and using their office while they're out. And since I hate using my mom's laptop, and my dad is usually parked in front of his desktop, it can be a frustrating wait. But I have solved the problem.

Yesterday I picked up a new system, all for me, me, me. I've got a 17-inch flat screen monitor, a CD-writer and a DVD-writer, and the printer also scans, copies and folds my laundry. All for $800! It feels like Christmas.

And speaking of feeling like Christmas, I'm about to venture to the local Macy's to pick up a pair of tights. (I just bought a pair of distressed brown leather motorcycle-girly boots and plan on wearing them with a Club Monaco skirt that I picked up in NYC for $9.99 - god, I heart bargains like that.) Anyhoo, I am afraid that the Macy's will be all Christmas-ed out - with gaudily decorated trees and horrible piped-in Celine Dion holiday songs following me through the accessories section.

Christmas in Phoenix is especially bizarre, though, no matter where you go. First of all, this city has a rather large Jewish population - not to mention a plethora of other religions, natch - and yet not a single store-owner has thought twice about setting out nativity scenes or choosing "Silent Night" over "Winter Wonderland" on the in-store playlist. Second, the nearest snow is 100 miles from here, and it's usually about 60 degrees, but come Xmas you'll see SUVs with wreaths on them, and pedestrians in ski parkas and mittens. As if.

So my brother just showed up. He is a King among men and I must send this off so we can spend a few minutes making fun of each other. Ah, life. It can be golden.

Tell Me About It: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?