11.01.2004

Oh No I Did-int!

Oh yes, I did. Yesterday I watched a Lifetime movie...starring Dan Cortese...it was a thriller...based on the book "The Lottery"....Keri Russell was in it...she threw a rock at her mother...and did I mention Dan Cortese?

So today it's like 70 degrees here in the Valley of the Sunstroke...and my officemates have turned on the heat. They're all complaining about having cold hands. They can never, ever leave the state. Sad. But I think the most disturbing part of this "it's November, let's just call it winter" trend is watching the morning commuters hugging coffees and wearing scarves in the car. This morning I saw a man on a bike...he was wearing a knit cap, a scarf and a ski parka. Huh?

Also: today is a banner day. My last day at work! Well, not forever; I haven't won the lottery or anything. (And if I do, don't come hitting me up for money. I might spring for a few dinners out, but what's mine is mine! Muh-hah-hah!) I start the new gig on Weds and I'm truly excited. The only bad part (other than that awkward first month where you try to figure out the office politics and who the cool kids are) is that nobody wears jeans. Wha? It's like twinsets and khakis. I can't handle that. It's so not me. I'll look as nice as you want me to, but between the waist and the shoes I only have one look: denim. It's going to be a major transition.

Of course, my mother says that "it's about time I started dressing like an adult" and that "I'll feel better once I start taking care of myself."

But she might have a point. I brushed my hair today, and damn if I don't feel just a skinch better than yesterday, when I didn't brush my hair.

ps: did you just read this entire post? here...read this and cleanse yourself. the nice boy makes a funny. http://www.jeffreyrosslive.com/article.htm

Tell Me About It:
fuck-me boots... haven't had those in many a year, many a year. And as for ribbons around the waist - honey, that's for skinny chicks like you. Us big girls with le beeg boobs need to stay away from anything that makes us even remotely resemble a birthday present. It's just not right.
 
You really should resist the urge to watch Lifetime movies.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?