11.21.2004

I Heart Escapism

Maybe it's just the hangover, but I feel very melancholy tonight. (Haven't had a hangover in a long, long time, thankfully. Another thing I've learned is that I enjoy having one drink much more than I enjoy having three or four drinks. Oof - I must be getting old!)

Of course, it is another gray day...hope the weather isn't the trigger, though, because that seriously jeopardizes my plans for blowing this sun-spanked pop stand someday and landing in a town where grass grows without the help of professionals.

Nah...I think it's just the hangover.

Plus I was up until about 1:15 on Friday night, in anticipation of Wilco and visiting relatives who are incredibly fun to be with. Then Saturday I was up until after 2 a.m., and this morning I was out and (semi) active by 10 - breakfast with the rellies, power-shopping, errands. I finally got the down-time I needed at 8 p.m. Curled up on the sofa with a cheesy magazine, a Lifetime movie in the background and a cup of tea.

No - really. I drank tea.

And the movie - which I am not technically "watching" - is about a high-school girl who's a "cutter." Sean Young is in it. It's interesting to note that as her Sexy Factor has diminished so dramatically over the years, her limitations as an actor have become more painfully obvious. Or maybe she's just dialing in this particular role. In any case, Lifetime movies can always be counted on to drag the C-list actors out of their hiding places, and then exploit the remnants of their fame to show us how "real issues" should be dealt with.

Thank you, Lifetime. Thank you. When I watch some high-school cutter give her boyfriend a blow job so he won't try to take off her shirt and therefore see her scars, and then see her run away from home because her parents don't understand her, it helps me view my own life in a more positive light. See, Me? I don't have it so bad! At least I'm not playing tic-tac-toe on my thighs with a razor blade or talking to Rhea Perlman about my emotional problems.

Ahhh, yes. Now, that feels good.


Tell Me About It:
Sweet! I got a link in the new blog format. (!=)

*tear*
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?