11.09.2004

But Then Again, No...

For those of you who don't know where "but then again, no" is from (of all the thousands of people reading this mess out there in tv-land), it is a lyric from my favorite Bad Elton John Song. (Of which there are many.) It's from "Your Song," and it goes, "I could have been a sculptor, but then again, no."

Which leads me to...

It turns out that I prematurely blogged yesterday about possible reconciliation with El Hubbito. Last night I dropped by his/our house to pick something up (got a gooood look at the motorhome in my side yard - oof!), and while hugging our goodbye he said that he was still freaked out about everything and not sure where his head was at. I was okay with it, didn't wind up bawling like I used to, but again, I felt confused. After knowing him for more than 5 years, I still cannot read him. (I thought he was committing to reuniting. You know, like Peaches & Herb. I'm Peaches, natch.) A good sign for a successful marriage? Not so much.

To be fair, we've discussed waiting until after Thanksgiving to make decisions, but he doesn't exactly get me all excited about the pastabilities, you know?

So, the new (old) plan: trudge on, sister. Trudge on.

In more delightful news... one more person has learned about the wonders that are Earlimart. A girl I used to work with. Go, K, go! Now I must continue on with my mission to spread the gospel - next up, Ted Leo + the Pharmacists...



Tell Me About It:
I vote for Plain Old Batshit Crazy.
 
Lemme go ahead and solidify your opinions that Elton is nuttier than squirrel shit. He is pitching a new sitcom to ABC. Check out the story here.

"According to a story in the Thursday edition of Daily Variety, the comedy will be about an aging rocker and his wacky entourage."

My guess is that all these outbursts and media hits are to get his name out so the studio will pick up his show. Any publicity is good publicity!

As for you Alisa, do you think this period of confusion with equate to a break in the "Chinese Eggplant Dish?"
 
Dude, Mike. Number one: YOU ARE HILARIOUS. Glad you're the President of Ye Olde Fanclub. Nobody else could fill your shoes. Number two: I don't think I could put my eyeballs on an Elton John reality show. I'm still reeling from Anna Nicole. And number three: eh, this whole sitch has been rife with confusion, and you know how it is with Chinese food...you're always hungry for it again later!
 
Well thank you Alisa! All praises will be filed and brought foward when my salary review comes around. My presidental benefits package arrived yesterday and the plan looks good. I was delighted to find a punch card for one "Chinese eggplant dish" per quarter (small print: while supplies last, this offer subject to availability, void where prohibited). The dental and vision plans look pretty good too. You really didn't have to include a autographed headshot, but thank you. I will put it with the rest of them in the shrine.
 
"Chinese eggplant dish"? You wish! Unless you mean the actual cooked dinner, which is delish. A delish dish.
And salary? Whoops! Must have sent you the CEO package. But the President package should come with optional life insurance. And a pair of lederhosen. You'll find out later what those are for.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?