11.10.2004

Breaking Up is Hard to Do...

"I find that alcohol, taken in sufficient amounts, produces
all the effects of intoxication."
~ Oscar Wilde

"Alcohol, will you please forgive me? For if I cannot love myself, I'll use something else."
~ Barenaked Ladies

Just found out that one of my closest girlies drove herself to AA Sunday morning after a brutal Saturday binge (that culminated in a humiliating early-morning appearance at her ex-fiance's house), and has been going to AA every night since.

I am very proud of her. That takes some goddamn willpower, doesn't it?

xoxo



Tell Me About It:
I found out last week that one of my friends got a DWI. His story really opened my eyes.
 
It is horrifying, isn't it? Three easy words to remember: "Call a cab." When I was friends with the puppy, it was a challenge because he had a breathalyzer in his SUV! So I always had to drive. But that's a small sacrifice. Here in Arizona they take away your license, put you in tent city, and force you to eat moldy bologna sandwiches. Oh, the horrors!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?