11.04.2004

And That Was The Week That Wasn't

First of all, let me express my significant displeasure with the election results. As I was driving this afternoon, my adrenalin started pumping ... I was behind an extremely slow driver who had not one, not two, but three Bush/Cheney stickers on her vehicle, plus one that read "Boycott France." I'm not proud of what I did, but I got in the next lane, floored it, and flipped her off! I couldn't help myself...then this evening, at a grocery store, I saw one that read "W is for Women."

Please, you closed-minded morons...if "W" is for anything, it is most certainly not for women. All I want to do is scream FUCK YOU FUCK FUCK FUCK YOU to these people. They bring out such rancor in me, such disgust, such violence - the exact things that I find the least appealing about them. For me, driving would be a whole lot more enjoyable if bumper stickers did not exist. All I need is a nice, juicy abortion sticker right now to send me completely postal.

So this afternoon, my friend S and I were commiserating (though SHE DIDN'T VOTE, so I am very, very upset with her). She had been listening to an L.A. classic rock station (her first mistake) and reported that "they were talking about how they agree with a lot, a lot of things that bush is gonna do but a lot of the other "moral things" and then they go into this conversation about how at least racism is improving....and i'm like WHAT? WHAT? oh moma, it sends cold shivers down my spine. i really don't know what to hate more the ignorant, the greedy or the no lip satan himself."

And I recalled that in the book "The Pillars of the Earth" there's a pig-stealing outlaw named Faramond Openmouth. He bashes a young girl in the head, steals a family's hard-earned pennies and spends them on ale and whores, and finally, is accidentally killed by the nonviolent father of said family. The father had no intent to kill - only to retrieve what was his. He had no instinct to avenge the violence done to his daughter, and then committed a heinous act of violence himself.

Just food for thought. And I'm thinking "Bush. Bumper stickers. Peacenik Alisa. All those 'fuck-yous.'" Please, everyone, keep me away from pigs.



Tell Me About It:
kcuf kcuf kcuf kcuf kcuf uoy... nice rhythm, i just stole it from you...
a phriend of a friend
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?