10.27.2004


My parents are so proud...
I don't normally wear that headgear, btw. It was New Year's Eve. I should be ashamed of my behavior later in the night, but the whole thing was just so ridiculous that it doesn't matter. The bummer, though, is that you can't see how cute my boots are. Trust me, they rock.Posted by Hello

Tell Me About It:
AHA! I knew you were foxy!

This picture reminds me of my college days for two reasons. The smoking and the scarf. I dated this girl my freshman year in college while she was rushing a sorority and she brings home this list of "essentials" for a member of the sorority (Delta Zetas aka Easy DZs). Anyway, the list was made up mostly of stupid traditions and whatnot, but two things caught my eye. The first was a requirement that all sorority sisters should own at least 5 different scarves (I said they were to cover up frat boy hickies). The second rule stated that a sister could never smoke while standing. They were to be seated with their legs crossed while smoking. I could only imagine the old haggled, bitchy, 6 year veteran girls that sat around and thought up these rules to torture the young, cuter pledges.
 
I never liked sororities. Fraternities, though, those were lots of fun. My girlfriends and I had our own list of "no-no's" in college. Keep in mind that this was 1989-1993. Back in the dzay. It included:
No black athletic shoes.
No loafers with no socks.
No gold chains.
No Camaros.
No jean shorts.
and my favorite, which still holds true today...
No referring to the ex-girlfriend as "that psycho."
 
Sororities scared me - but I loved fraternities. Back in the day (1989-1993, I'm an old bird), we used to go to frat parties and the sorority girls would go ballistic. My friends and I were called "Heathers" a lot. But, like those sisterly sisters, we also had a list of what was unacceptable for guys. It included:
No jean shorts.
No loafers without socks.
No black athletic shoes.
No gold chains.
No Camaros!
and, my personal favorite,
No referring to the ex-girlfriend as "that psycho."
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?