10.26.2004

Another Good Band Comes to Town

Since I'm still mad at Phoenician Pals for making me miss Earlimart, I begged friend N to join me at Dios on Thursday. It's her birthday - or it was last week - and I promised to buy her a ticket and fill her full of light beers.

And in breaking news, The Flaming Lips, The Shins, Wilco and Sleater-Kinney (them, not so much) are playing NYE in NYC. Would literally sacrifice my favorite shoes to hit that show. My new year's eve locally is sure to be supremely suck. Last year I went to a party at My Estranged Puppy's cousin's house. Wound up sloshed after girlfriend L and I found the stash of Veuve Cliquot, and then wound up making out with L. Sloppily. It's all on film, so running for office is out of the question. Well, maybe in Italy. But since I spent the next day expelling Veuve Cliquot quite violently from my body, even the good memories turned bad.

I'm so in need of some new man-flesh, anyway. Breakup nookie - muy fantastico - but a little romance could go a long way. Too bad my dentist is happily married. Is it wrong to crush on your dentist? He's that perfect combo of cute/hot. Oof. But he has put his fingers in my mouth. ...I just don't see a relationship blossoming there.

And I can't believe that I am thisclose to reentering the dating scene. And does it even exist anymore? The only people I know who go on actual "dates" are gay men. My girlfriends haven't had a "date" - anywhere in this country - in forever. It's more like the guys call them up and say "my friends and I are going (wherever) tonight. You should meet us there." That's fine if you're in high school, but no guy should have a chance in hell of hooking up girlfriend-style if that's his M.O. And frankly, I've had enough of the "we're friends, why not hump AND hang out" thing. That was fabulous when I was 23-25, and, 'shamed to admit, that's how the Hub and I started up. Maybe that's what sent my marriage south. Next time around I have to be with someone who makes my heart race a little.

Heard that some of my friends are "dating" on websites like Friendster, MySpace and Craigslist. Oh my god, Craigslist. I thought that was only useful for buying used furniture and picking up guys who want to pee on you. (Yeah...not so much.) I suppose I'll have to wait until the big D is final to find any new excitement. Well, other than the Puppy and my crush on my friend D... and I may have just hit on what could be the key difference between men and women. Men would take one for the team - even from Craigslist - in order to score. Women, camel-like, will wait it out until the wind is just right. ...I have no idea what that means.

Tell Me About It:
Oh, how I love compliments! Thank you, Matt, for recognizing not only my innate coolness but my good taste in tunes. Seriously, though, it' too bad hat you're not a local. I could use a reliable concert buddy and from seeing YOUR blog it's apparent that you'd be the perfect candidate. Sigh...
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?