9.23.2004

My Very First Post

Where do I begin? With the fun, happy stuff, right? Not the part about my marriage falling apart and my growing dependence on alcohol that mixes with tonic and Parliament Lights. Or the fact that I am so tired of all my friends that I'd rather stay home and read dopey chick lit ("A Certain Chemistry" is awesome; liked "The Dog Walker" and "Love Monkey" too) than go out and see them. Getting a little of that social anxiety back. Getting some of my "back" back, too. The other night at the gym my trainer was there and I seriously thought he was avoiding me. Not a good sign.

This feels a bit self-conscious, especially since I'm at work. Got my Launchcast playing - a little Luna in the background - maybe some Postal Service is coming down the pike, or a Flaming Lip or two...and on that topic, am I just plain evil for not wanting to hear songs by indie bands I like being blasted across the WB and MTV like they're PUBLIC DOMAIN? Of course you want your favorite bands to achieve great success (without selling out) and move next door to Russell Simmons, blah blah blah, but it makes my boozy blood boil to think of Hilary Duff-loving tweens being turned on to Death Cab for Cutie because they can stay up late enough to watch the O.C. It's just so wrong - just so, so wrong. And by the way, I'm kind of in blog-shock right now because the Flaming Lips did just come on Ye Olde Internet Radio. Sometimes, life is sweet.

And this has to be enough for one day. I can't put in another 5 minutes with any sort of good feelings...must...get...back to...work. (That was my Captain Kirk impression, btw. There are several things that always make me laugh, and a good Captain Kirk impression is one of them. Mine is not good, no.)

Other things that are a guaranteed giggle?
1. Straight men in drag.
2. People who trip and then look back like, "wha?"
3. Mispronunciation of the words "nuclear" or "foliage"
4. Marvin Suggs and the Muppaphones doing the "Witch Doctor" on the episode with Gilda Radner
5. When someone peers over the top of your Veal Tank (some call them "cubicles") and looks like a disembodied head. And then they speak. Pure comedy.

I know. I need help. Tomorrow's installment? "Tales from the bar." Hold on to your hats.

Tell Me About It: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?