9.29.2004

Game On, Honey

I love this, I can't explain why, really: a gay sports bar in my hood is offering drink specials during football games - totally natch, right? Except the specials here include $2 Giant Mimosas at the second down. And how about access to the Bloody Mary Bar for a mere two bucks at first down? I don't even enjoy watching football, but these deals are too delish for me to pass up.

Game on, sister.

On the musical tip, The Tragically Hip are playing this shithole town next week. I would love to go but my broke ass can't do the $25 ticket (plus drinks, okay? - it would be a big night). Despite the largesse normally associated with an editrix's paycheck, I find myself fiscally challenged lately. I'm going to NYC on the 14th, I've been paying some of Estranged Hubby's bills since July, and I just - moronically - sold my soul to Sleep America for a Kingsdown queen-size mattress. I had to. It called to me. For a sleep fiend like me, the futon I've been rockin' has not been kind. I love the sleek look and the cool bedframe, but the futon mattress itself is an idea best left to inmates and masochists.

Tell Me About It:
Futon 5 7 5
My drunken stupor,
Fell asleep on the futon,
Will pay tomorrow.
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
Sleeping Diagonal,
Banging head on the arm rest,
Mattress flat as shit!

 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?